Date : 26-29 September 2017
Time : 8.30 am – 5.00 pm
Venue : INTAN Bukit Kiara
Agency Cooperation : MAMPU JPM and National Institute of Public Administration (INTAN)
Participants : Among the Ministries/ Departments present were BCM facilitators from the Malaysian Administrative Modernisation
and Management Planning Unit (MAMPU), officers from the National Institute of Public Administration (INTAN),
Ministry of Works, Ministry of Women, Family and Community Development, Attorney General Chamber, Ministry of
Natural Resources and Environment and University Malaya Medical Centre
Link : http://www.intanbk.intan.my
INTAN as the premier learning institution, constantly strives to cater the future needs of the Malaysian Public Sector in the holistic human capital development by expanding its strategic collaboration network with various entities from the public and private sectors. The strategic affiliations involve addressing current needs such as policy implementation, training programmes, seminars and resource sharing as well as long term initiatives in the form of training module development and technological advancement.
Business Continuity Management (BCM) is an important initiative to ensure continuity in the service delivery system of each agency. Awareness and knowledge on the BCM is a necessity for agencies that are the main line of government in providing services to the people. In addition, it is the responsibility of each government agency to develop and implement the Business Continuity Plan as set out in the MS ISO 27001: 2007 Information Security Management Systems (ISMS) and MAMPU Director General’s Directive Year 2010.
Collaboration between Malaysian Administrative Modernization and Management Planning Unit (MAMPU) with the National Institute of Public Administration (INTAN) was to provide exposure to the BCM team of the Public Sector agencies to develop the Business Continuity Management Plan, the Emergency Response Plan (ERP), the Crisis Communication Plan (CCP) and the ICT Disaster Recovery Plan (DRP).
The objectives of the Business Continuity Management Programme to the Malaysian Public Sector senior officers and the workshop are:
1. To provide knowledge sharing on the implementation of Business Continuity Management;
2. To provide exposure to International Business Continuity Management Systems (BCMS) Standards: ISO 22301;
3. To introduce the BCM Toolkit to assist in collection of agency information; and
4. To develop a Business Continuity Management Plan, the Emergency Response Plan (ERP), the Crisis Communication Plan (CCP) and the ICT Disaster Recovery Plan (DRP).
The impact of this programme are:
1. To enhance knowledge and sharing experience on Business Continuity Management (BCM); and
2. To build expertise in developing BCM plans as well as be able able to conduct simulations of the plans.