Date : 1 November 2016 – 31 January 2017
Time : 9.00 am – 6.00 pm
Venue : Cisco Malaysia, Kuala Lumpur and Cisco Global Center of Excellence Songdo, Incheon, Korea Selatan
Industrial Cooperation : Cisco, Pulzze Systems and GiTN Sdn. Bhd.
Agency Cooperation : MAMPU, JPM
Participants : Two (2) MAMPU officers and one (1) GiTN Sdn. Bhd. officer
The Internet of Things (IoT) Incubator programme is one of the programs under the Capability Development Roadmap (CDR), aimed to enhance the capabilities of ICT personnel towards the excellence of Government service delivery. The programme is implemented in collaboration between MAMPU and Cisco Malaysia which focuses on Internet of Things (IoT) technology to produce national ICT products and services. Two (2) MAMPU officers and an officer of GiTN Sdn. Bhd. has attended this program for two (2) months at Cisco Malaysia and a month at GCoE Songdo, Korea.
The Gutter Surveillance System (GSS) was developed as an IoT prototype to monitor the state of the gutter in residential and building premises, which is potentially being a mosquito breeding ground. This system has been developed through the use of sensors, which are the main components for detecting water (level and flow) conditions.
Testing has been carried out and found that GSS is able to detect the water within the gutter based on the flow and water level. GSS is also capable to detect any presence of object that prevents the waterway in the gutter using visual observation and analysis.
The objectives of this programme are:
1. To bridge the knowledge and skills gap between the Government and the ICT industry, particularly on IoT technology;
2. To enhance collaboration between the Public and Private Sector through non-project-based approaches;
3. To enhance the capabilities of MAMPU ICT personnel in the field of IoT based technology, as well as exposing the experience of working in the real-world environment of the ICT industry; and
4. To assist the Government in implementing the transformation, in order to provide the best and relevant services to the people, by utilizing the latest technology utilization.
The impact of the programme are:
1. To expose to IoT technology such as sensor, control, analytics and electronic interfaces with software;
2. To expose and to explore the prototype development methods and trends that apply IoT from Cisco GCoE Songdo’s workforce, including approaches in developing market-driven prototypes and solutions as well as utilizing human life;
3. To improve the quality of an offer based on projects undertaken, through prototype realized innovation, thereby benefiting from improving the Government’s delivery system to the people; and
4. To establish linkages between ICT industry and Government as well as an opportunity to discuss ideas, problem solving and experience sharing in matters related to improving the quality of life.