Date : 26 October 2017
Time : 10.30 am – 1.00 pm
Venue : MAMPU Cyberjaya
Industry Cooperation : Telekom Malaysia Sdn. Bhd. and GiTN Sdn. Bhd.
Agency Cooperation : MAMPU JPM
Participants : MAMPU Officers involve in planning and implementation of Public Sector Data Centres services
MAMPU was responsible for managing the consolidation of the Public Sector Data Centres under the tenure of the 10th Malaysia Plan. Up to 2017, MAMPU has developed and implemented four (4) Public Sector Data Centre respectively located in Putrajaya, Cyberjaya, Bandar Enstek and Kulim, Kedah.
In order to accommodate the current capacity and future needs of the public sector agencies ICT services, MAMPU has to look into other possible opportunities and improvements, especially in terms of resource provisioning.
Telekom Malaysia Sdn. Bhd. which is the leading provider of Government and commercial network services, is also in the same phase of developing its commercial data centre services located in Iskandar Puteri, Johore and Cyberjaya, Selangor. Data centres developed with the Tier-4 ready specification (complete facilities from electrical, mechanical, civil and telecommunications factors) are best viewed as a reference or integration platform by the Government.
The objectives of this session are:
1. To establish a strategic partnership between public and external organizations;
2. To enhance technical knowledge and exposure to current trends in the construction and development of data centres in the market; and
3. To establish a platform to review strategies in resolving current issues in data centre management.
The impacts of this session are:
1. To improve the quality of personnel work in data centre management, thereby improving the personnel professional development;
2. To expose and to enhance knowledge on the latest technology scenarios and trends; and
3. To stimulate innovations development by leveraging on the latest technologies.