Date : 14 November 2017
Time : 8.00 am – 5.15 pm
Venue : Perdana Nur Hall, Ministry of Women, Family and Community Development, Putrajaya
Industrial Cooperation : World Bank Group (WBG), Asia Online Publishing Group (AOPG)
Agency Cooperation : Ministry of Women, Family and Community Development (KPWKM)
Participants : Government, Private, Academic and Non-Governmental Organizations (NGO)
Link : http://www.data.gov.my/event/74
MAMPU as the leader in the implementation of Open Data initiatives through data.gov.my’s portal aimed at fostering and promoting data-sharing culture to enhance data-driven government delivery systems and to foster the creation of new innovations based on open data. The Malaysia Open Data User Group (MODUG) 2017 programme is an interconnected platform between an open source agency/ data provider with multiple user categories.
The highlights of the programme are the launch of MODUG, interaction between data suppliers and users and knowledge sharing session and partnership with the World Bank Group (WBG) on International Good Practices in Open Data.
The MODUG 2017 programme aims:
1. To increase people’s involvement in getting feedback from communities and people with open data;
2. To provide a platform for linking data owner agencies with multiple categories of data users;
3. To improve the quality of data sets published on demand data and granular data; and
4. To encourage the owner of data to publish quality data based on user requirements.
The impact of the MODUG 2017 programme are as follows:
1. Identify required data requirements by users;
2. Identify the challenges faced by the owner/ supplier of data to fulfill the data request; and
3. Action plans and measures to identify agencies and users’ roles and responsibilities in improving data quantity and quality.