Date : 17 – 19 May 2017
Time : 9.00 am – 5.00 pm
Venue : Faculty of Technology and Information Science (FTSM), Universiti Kebangsaan Malaysia (UKM)
Industrial Cooperation : Google, Microsoft, Red Hat dan Cloudera
Agency Cooperation : Faculty of Technology and Information Science (FTSM), Universiti Kebangsaan Malaysia (UKM) and OSDeC,
Participant : 200 participants consisted of Software Developers, CEOs/ CIOs, ICT Companies, IT Managers and ICT
Link : http://www.mosc.my
The Malaysian Open Source Community is a group of volunteers working together in promoting open source culture in Malaysia. The Malaysian Open Source Community members are system programmers, system designers, entrepreneurs and educators who are interested in open source technology and interested in organizing this programme.
MOSC MY mission is to enhance the expertise and knowledge of human resources in information technology through the usage of open source software. MOSC MY is an event that provides an avenue for participants to learn and to share knowledge and experience regarding open source software which will benefit the organizations.
Open Source Development and Capability (OSDeC) Programme, MAMPU collaborates with the Malaysian Open Source Community in organizing MOSC MY since 2016. OSDeC, MAMPU has extended the invitations to all public sector agencies to participate in this programme.
Malaysia Open Source Conference (MOSC MY) 2017
MOSC MY 2017 was organized in collaboration with the Malaysian Open Source Community, Faculty of Science and Information Technology, Universiti Kebangsaan Malaysia (UKM) and OSDeC, MAMPU.
The theme for MOSC 2017 was “Open Source In Financial Services” and participants will be exposed to the latest technology of open source software in financial services and its relationship with various organizations including government sector, private sector, academic sector and non-governmental organizations (NGO). The discussions covered various areas such as open source in security, web programming language, container in data center, cloud computing and others.
The objectives of this programme are:
1. To expose the participants to the latest technology of open source software in financial services and its relationship with
public sector, private sector, academic sector and NGOs;
2. To cultivate the culture of knowledge and experience sharing among public sector, private sector, academic sector and NGOs,
locally and internationally; and
3. To provide opportunities for collaboration between public sector, private sector, academic sector and NGOs, locally and
The impact of this programme are:
1. To enhance collaborative cooperation between public sector, private sector, academic sector and NGOs;
2. To expose and to enhance knowledge on the latest open source technology scenarios and trends; and
3. To stimulate innovation development by leveraging on the latest technologies in open source software.