Date : 23 October 2017
Time : 9.00 am – 10.30 am
Venue : Bangunan Canselori, Universiti Kebangsaan Malaysia (UKM)
Industrial Cooperation : UKM
Agencies Cooperation : MAMPU JPM
The intention to have this cooperation has long begun, starting from the first meeting between MAMPU and Institute of Visual Informatics (IVI), UKM held at MAMPU Cyberjaya on September 28, 2016 to collaborate on the use of Public Sector Public Infrastructure (DRSA) facilities at MAMPU by IVI. This effort has been continued with a series of discussions until an agreement is reached to sign the MoU realized today.
The MoU signed by YBhg. Dato’ Dr. Mazlan Yusoff, Director General of MAMPU and YBrs. Dato’ Dr. Halimah Badioze, Director of the Institute of Visual Informatics of UKM is a three (3) year commitment and among others aims to undertake strategic cooperation in research and publication as well as sharing of unlimited use of facilities/ equipment which can contribute to the nation.
The objectives of this MoU are:
1. To engage in strategic collaboration in research and publication as well as sharing of unlimited use of facilities/ equipment which can contribute to the nation;
2. To harness MAMPU and SME’s expertise in empowering, promoting and sustaining the implementation of programs for data analytics, open data and other ICT areas;
3. To develop human capital and career development in data analytics, open data and other ICT areas;
4. To establish collaboration in sharing and exchange of data, information, knowledge, expertise and products through various programs involving data analytics, open data and other ICT areas; and
5. To emplementation collaborative programmes set forth and agree jointly by the Parties in ICT.
The impact of this MOU is as below:
1. To collaborate in research, publication, resource and expertise sharing, human capital development, data and information exchange, as well as various program on data analytics, open data and other ICT areas; and
2. To collaborate on the open data dan data analytics infrastructure available in UKM as well as MAMPU are utilized for the development of capabilities and competencies of ICT personnel in civil service in the field of data analytic or data science, leading to creation of more data scientists amongst them.