Date : 4 December 2017
Time : 12.00 pm – 1.00 pm
Venue : MAMPU Putrajaya
Industrial Cooperation : Asia Online Publishing Group (AOPG) Sdn. Bhd.
Agency Cooperation : MAMPU, JPM
Malaysian Administrative Modernization and Management Planning Unit (MAMPU) and Asia Online Publishing Group (AOPG) Sdn. Bhd. has signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) as one of the efforts to achieve the objective of open data implementation that empowers data sharing to improve the service delivery system for the well-being of the people. MAMPU as the driving force and leader of the transformation of public service delivery draws direction, leveraging the transformation of public service delivery system through the use of the more creative and innovative approach in line with the aspirations and agenda of the country, the Eleventh Malaysia Plan (11th MP) and the National Transformation 2050 (TN50). While AOPG is the owner and publisher of the Big Community portal for knowledge-sharing platforms, collaborations, discussions and networking opportunities to foster a variety of data-based innovations.
The Memorandum is sealed for a year from October 5, 2017 and ends on October 4, 2018, a strong commitment to MAMPU and AOPG to collaborate in the Big Open Wrangle Program (BOW) and other initiatives. The BOW program is a mobile applications development competition, new data creation or research online, from October 5, 2017 until April 4, 2018.
The objectives of this MoU are:
1. To increase the impact of open data through promotions and publications related to Open Data;
2. To improve the quality and quantity of Open Data;
3. To increase the number of Open Data usage among locals and abroad;
4. To promote projects and initiatives that benefit business or social and insights as a result of open data usage; and
5. To improve Malaysia’s position in the international open data index.
The impact of this programme are as follows:
1. To improve the quantity and quality of data sets;
2. To improve Open Data promotions; and
3. To improve the Open Data Barometer ranking.