The Government established KWAICT on June 13th, 2013 under Section 10 of the Financial Procedure Act 1957 through a Trust Deed for the Public Sector ICT Project Development Trust Fund.
- Mainstreaming the implementation of in-house ICT projects that uses internal expertise to ensure value for money is obtained for each project or program implemented;
- Giving recognition in the form of rewards to the ICT Project Team members who successfully implement ICT Projects as in-house and bring cost savings for the Government;
- Provide special funds to finance the Competency and Professionalism Improvement Program for Public Sector Information Technology Service Scheme Officers; and
- Produce more local ICT products by strengthening the ICT Research and Development programs.
SOURCES AND USES
KWAICT resources were obtained from the Ministry of Finance.
KWAICT is used for the purpose of rewards and financing as follows:
- Provide rewards to the ICT Project Team according to the calculation of 40 percent of the total cost savings subject to a maximum amount of RM200,000.00 for each ICT Project with a minimum value of RM100.00 for each ICT Project Team Member;
- Funding the Competency and Professional Development Program for Public Sector Information Technology Services Scheme Officers for professional certification courses or soft skills courses; and
- Funding the Public Sector ICT R&D Program with funding not exceeding RM200,000.00 for one project. The amount of funding applied for covers the cost of conducting research and other related costs.
- Applications for grants and funding from KWAICT must be guided by the Guidelines for Applications for Rewards and Funding from the Public Sector ICT Project Development Trust Fund (KWAICT) as per Appendix 1 in the Public Administration Transformation Circular (PTPA) No. 4 of 2017.
2. These guidelines explain the method of applying for rewards by the ICT Project Team, the application for funding for the Competency Enhancement Program and Professionalism of Public Sector Information
Technology Services Scheme Officers, as well as the application for funding for the Public Sector ICT R & D
Program. These guidelines also explain the evaluation criteria and process, KWAICT governance, and agency responsibilities.
- This PTPA applies to all Federal Government Ministries, Departments and Agencies.
- Subject to its acceptance by the respective state authorities, the State Administration is advised to establish an ICT trust fund for the same purpose using the allocation of the respective states.
Public Administration Transformation Circular No. 4 of 2017 is effective from November 15, 2017.
Any inquiries regarding this PTPA can be submitted to:
Setiausaha Jawatankuasa KWAICT,
Unit Pemodenan Tadbiran dan Perancangan
Pengurusan Malaysia (MAMPU),
Jabatan Perdana Menteri,
Aras 6, Setia Perdana 2,
Kompleks Setia Perdana,
Pusat Pentadbiran Kerajaan Persekutuan,
Phone number : 03 – 8000 8000
Fax : 03 – 8888 3721
E-mel : email@example.com
Documents required for KWAICT application :