Public Sector Modernisation and Digitalisation Committee Meeting (JPPSA) No. 2/2019 chaired by the Chief Secretary to the Government on 5 November 2019 has agreed with the proposed Public Sector Performance Measurement Mechanism, namely the Malaysian Government Performance Index (MyGPI), to replace the Star Rating System (SSR) in evaluating the performance of public sector agencies.
The objectives of MyGPI:
- Evaluate the performance of agencies in the context of organisational management and digitalisation of services through good governance towards public sector reform; and
- Contribute to the improvement of the country’s image and position globally.
The MyGPI framework as shown in Figure 1.
Figure 1: MyGPI Framework
There are four (4) dimensions of evaluation:
- Organisational Management;
- Digitalisation of Services;
- Governance; and
- Public Sector Performance.
Six (6) criteria of governance to achieve efficiency, effectiveness and citizen-centricity towards public sector reform are measured through:
- Compliance; and
The evaluation is carried out online using the MyGPI Application based on primary data and secondary data.
The six (6) clusters involved in MyGPI are:
FURTHER INQUIRIES / INFORMATION:
Malaysian Administrative Modernisation and Management Planning Unit (MAMPU)
Prime Minister’s Department
Level 6, Setia Perdana 2
Setia Perdana Complex
Federal Government Administrative Centre
(Attn: Director of Management Consulting Division 2)