Public Sector Big Data Analytics (DRSA) is a data-driven program to benefit of the data value from various sources and types (structured and unstructured) to gain insightful knowledge for accurate, effective and inclusive decision-making based on facts. The rapid development of internet and mobile phone technology has contributed to the production of large quantities of diverse data that arrives in increasing volumes and with ever-higher velocity known as big data. The phenomenon of big data and the availability of digital technology has encouraged the growth of new innovations and open up space for Government and Private agencies to improve the quality of services to the people. MSC Malaysia Implementation Council Meeting (ICM) No. 25 on 14 November 2013 decided that the Ministry of Communications and Multimedia Malaysia (KKMM), MAMPU and Malaysia Digital Economy Corporation (MDEC) collaborate to lead the implementation of Big Data Analytic (BDA) Malaysia. The meeting also agreed that KKMM in collaboration with MAMPU and MDEC develop the National Big Data Framework, with MAMPU leading the Public Sector BDA initiative and MDEC leading the Private Sector BDA initiative.
1. Improve the delivery of government services that are driven by data analytics.
2. Optimize the usage and sharing of data to cultivate innovation in the creation of citizen centric data products.
3. Develop the competencies of civil servants in data science.
1. Enhancing and improving the public sector’s ICT landscape by leveraging the agencies’ existing data assets as well as integrating new data sources.
2. Assisting the government in formulating policies, developing strategic plans and in decision-making that is more precise and effective based on facts and information analysis.
3. Reducing silo environment through stronger collaboration between agencies in the sharing of data/information and results.
4. Predicting future demands or needs to help the government react quickly in making accurate and effective decisions.
5. Increasing innovation in government services and the production of data products.
Big Data Analytics Team,
Malaysian Administrative Modernatisation and Management Planning Unit,
Prime Minister Department,
Digital Government Division,
4th Floor, MKN-Embassy Techzone Building, Block B,
No 3200, Jalan Teknokrat 2,
63000 Cyberjaya, Selangor.
Telephone: +603 8000 8000
E-mel : email@example.com